Recently our own interior designers Lorin Jones and Jan Bertin were featured in the Washington Post for their design of a nursery room that will stand the test of time. To read the full article, click here.
Ian and Kimberly Cooke of Alexandria are expecting their first child in February. They wanted to turn this room into a fun, lively nursery with bold colors. Interior designers Lorin Jones and Janet Bertin paired bright, colorful accessories with neutral furniture to created an on-trend nursery that will stand the test of time.
They recommend the following tips to consider when decorating your baby’s room:
- Invest in furniture that will grow with your child. For example, a dresser with a changing table that can be removed later.
- Use area rugs for a soft space for the baby to play.
- Repurpose furniture. Paint the nightstand white and use it as an end table. Top it with the table lamp.
- Use accessories to tie the color scheme together. Hints of pink are found in the artwork, lighting and crib cushions.
- Purchase a well-designed crib that can be converted into a toddler bed. You can always switch it back to a crib if you have more children.
Need decorating help for your nursery? Contact Decorating Den today at 703.239.8112 or complete this form and one of our decorators will contact you directly.